Sunday 14 June 2015

Haru Sameshima























Haru Sameshima was born in 1958, Shizuoka City, Japan.  Immigrated to New Zealand 1973.  He was taught photography by his scientist father at early age.  He worked in small Dunedin photographic studio learning the craft before attending Otago Polytechnic Art School in 1980, then completing BFA (1992) and MFA (1995) at Elam School of Fine Arts, University of Auckland.




For photo responses im going to photograph my mums coke collection alot of plastic and glass bottles im going to try photograph in natural light then try dark room.



Experimentation
Because I didn't have the proper gear to take a photo like Haru, I had to use what I had which was my mothers coke collection cups, the inbuilt flash on my camera and our under stairs wall drobe . For my experimentation I wanted to create the reflections and shadows Haru has created in his photographs,  I still feel like my experimentation includes Haru's ideas.

I wanted to get the background black and the objects in full light sadly i dint work tried a few time of getting this but i like how these photos look with shadow.























1 comment:

  1. This is a good start to your response Tracy. In order to contextualise your response can you mention what genre is Haru working in? And what genre are your photos? What ideas are you working with? Is this a documentary project of your mum's Coke paraphernalia? Can you also talk about your lighting decisions for these two photographs? You also need to evaluate your images in terms of what is working and anything that may not be working? If you were to shoot these objects again would you do anything differently?

    ReplyDelete